Waste Services and Recycling
Solutions in the North of Scotland

Inverness Recycling Solutions, Waste Management, Highlands of Scotland - Recycling Services in Inverness, Invergordon and Aberdeen
  • Northern Recycling Solutions was born in 2007 to offer confidential waste and paper recycling services in the Inverness and Ross-shire area.

    Managed and owned by brother sister team Ewan and Katie Calder, the business has grown and evolved immensely since its launch in 2007.

    Click the arrow for more about our history...

  • Northern Recycling Solutions was started.

    Northern Recycling Solutions were appointed by competitive tender as Waste Management Providers for all waste types for the whole HIE network in August 2008. The HIE network includes 17 offices across the Highlands and Islands.

    The objectives set in the tender were to work with a single supplier, to provide a high quality service whilst achieving good value in the expenditure of public funds, to increase the amount of waste being recycled and to provide re-active waste services. This expanded our coverage across the Highland and Islands.

  • NRS begins to offer services in Aberdeen due to customer demand. Two years in and we have over 500 confidential waste and recycling bins in offices across the North of Scotland.

    NRS achieves ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditations.

    DIAGEO, the world’s leading premier drinks company, chose NRS to assist in achieving their companywide target of ZERO Waste to landfill.  NRS now manages 29 of DIAGEO’s sites across the north of Scotland and have achieved 99% recycling overall. We continue to work with DIAGEO in finding a solution to the remaining 1% in the form of energy from waste recovery. NRS handle in excess of 2000 scheduled collections a year on DIAGEO’s behalf.

  • NRS makes a £500,000 investment to launch our own fully integrated waste service; this included a new purpose built headquarters in Alness.

    NRS moves to a new purpose built facility in Alness and names the building Alexander House after Ewan and Katie’s Dad who was involved in the project.

    CHAS health and safety accreditation achieved.  

  • NRS is awarded the Highland Council confidential waste contract by competitive tender. Our facility is compliant with BS EN1513 for secure shredding and BS7858 for the recruitment of staff in a security environment. The BSEN 15713 is the management and control of collection, transportation and destruction of confidential material to ensure such material is disposed of securely and safely.  The BS 7858 is the security screening of individuals employed in a security environment.

    NRS purchase two new vehicles for the collection of materials, Mary the bin lorry and Alfie the skip lorry.

  • NRS employs a trainee Compliance Manager.

    NRS braches out to cover the Dundee area with the internal recycling and waste management services. Assisting a large Dundee business increase recycling and ensure compliance with the new waste legislation.

    NRS doubles the warehouse team and invests in new equipment to streamline the sorting process of mixed recyclable material.
Paper Recycling Solutions Inverness, Aberdeen and Invergordon - Paper Recycling and Waste Management Glass Recycling Solutions Inverness, Aberdeen and Invergordon - Glass Recycling and Waste Management Aluminium Recycling Solutions Inverness, Aberdeen and Invergordon - Aluminium Recycling and Waste Management Plastic Recycling Solutions Inverness, Aberdeen and Invergordon - Plastic Recycling and Waste Management Electrical Recycling Solutions Inverness, Aberdeen and Invergordon - Electrical Recycling and Waste Management Cardboard Recycling Solutions Inverness, Aberdeen and Invergordon - Cardboard Recycling and Waste Management Confidential Recycling Solutions Inverness, Aberdeen and Invergordon - Confidential Recycling and Waste Management

Northern Recycling Solutions, Alexander House, River Drive, Teaninich Industrial Estate, Alness, IV17 0PG - Telephone 0345 894 5130 - info@nrswm.co.uk
Company Registration Number – SC348926 Place of registration – Scotland
home | wheelie bins | skip & waste clearance | confidential waste | internal recycling | hazardous | food waste | waste audits | waste management | about | contact | case studies web site design Inverness Online
Northern Recycling Solutions Inverness | Inverness Recycling Services | Inverness Recycling Solutions | Waste Management Solutions Inverness | Inverness Waste Management | Recycling Solutions for Businesses | Recycling Audits Inverness | Waste Material Recycling Inverness | Business Waste Management Solutions
Aberdeen Recycling Solutions | Aberdeen Waste Management | Invergordon Recycling Solutions | Invergordon Waste Management